If you could only eat one kind of cookie for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is my choice… the No-Bake Cookie or as some may call it a Chocolate Oatie. I just love the gooey chocolate and the texture. It’s addictive. Of course, all the sugar in a no-bake is addictive too so I try to stay away from them. Until now!
So many “ball” recipes have been floating around the internet and I drool over most of them, but still shy away so as to keep myself on a healthy path. Finally, I decided enough was enough. I don’t need to deprive myself completely and darn it… I was really craving Chocolate Oaties! So I mixed and matched and came up with a fabulous all-natural alternative to my favorite!
I will confess that they are not exactly the same as a regular Chocolate Oatie. These are not a “drop by the teaspoonful” kind of cookie. With a drier consistency, they require being rolled up. But I’ll take it because these little bad boys are delicious!
And… you can customize them! This recipe goes straight for the No-Bake Chocolate Oatie goodness. However, you can sneak in some extra ingredients to healthy up your diet even more and pack in the protein. Try adding:
- Flaxseed (I’d suggest grinding them up otherwise the little pops of crunch are a little odd)
- Coconut flakes
- Powdered protein shake, chocolate or vanilla (add an extra 1 Tbsp yogurt to keep balls from getting too dry)
It’s is more than just a cookie ball, it’s the base of a personalized energy ball that will pack whatever punch you’re looking for!
- 1/2 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Roll mixture into 18 balls, each about 1.5-2 inches in size.