Some nights just require a simple meal. In our case, our simple meal was a chicken sandwich which I made simply awesome just by adding a few additional touches… a little spice, a little cheese, a little crunch.
What I maybe loved most about this meal is how quick it was. The name of the sandwich may sound fancy, but honestly, I was just trying to name all the ingredients and make your mouth water a little more. This is totally a no prep meal. No mixing. No slicing. Just cook the chicken.
And to make it easier… grill the chicken plain and then load the sandwich to your liking! For the hubby and I, I pulled out the jalapeno cheese and sliced jalepeno rings to accompany our BBQ sauce and bacon. For those that aren’t looking for so much zip though, pickles and a white cheese like Munster or Swiss are fun condiment choices. It’s close enough, right?
The point is, zip or no zip, everyone in your family will love their version of the sandwich and you’ll love how simple dinner is!
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 6 slices Jalapeño cheese slices
- 1.5 cups jalapeño slices
- 6 slices bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Grill chicken approximately 10 minutes per side on low-medium heat.
- While chicken is on the grill, cook bacon.
- Serve with remaining ingredients for a make-your-own sandwich!