I love crunchy snacks. I love spicy snacks. I just love snacks. And this is an awesome one that’ll heat up your taste buds!
So my mother-in-law is always trying out new recipes and has fun new snacks when we’re visiting. It was the first time I tried these pretzels and seriously wanted to devour the huge tub of them. Mmmmm… so good! However, her recipe called for 3 bags of pretzels (that’s a lot of pretzels) and black pepper (which I can’t stand). So, I began experimenting and with some minor tweaks came up with this holy smokin’ spicy goodness!
I have to warn you though… if you want to lose weight, stay away from these! Seriously run the other way, they’re addictive! But it you want to satisfy everyone at the party… make them! Birthday parties, sleepovers, tailgate parties, football game snacks… EVERYONE loves them! Even the 2-year olds at the World Series party we went to couldn’t get enough. Yah, yah… I sound like I’m doing an infomercial. Well, just try ’em and you’ll understand!
If you’re not a fan of spicy, just dial back the cayenne to 1 tsp and go light on the sprinkling of the Konriko Jalapeno Seasoning.
And, yes, it’s a seasoning I had never heard of before my MIL’s recipe and she gave me a canister of it. Check in the spice aisle of your grocer or check out KONRIKO® Jalapeno All Purpose Seasoning on Amazon.
- 2 - 15 or 16 oz. bags of pretzels
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 - 12 oz. bottle of Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn Oil
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. Konriko Hot 'n Spicy Jalapeno All Purpose Seasoning
- Combine oil, ranch mix, dill weed, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt.
- Toss with pretzels.
- Spread pretzels over 2 baking sheets.
- Sprinkle Konriko Jalapeno Seasoning generously over the pretzels.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir every 30 minutes.
- Serving size: About 28 sticks
- Servings: 30
- My favorite pretzels to make this with are butter braids!
Happy snacking, friends!