Firecracker, firecracker, boom boom boom! Yes, these 4th of July fruit kabobs will make your kids explode with excitement as their favorite food is served on a stick! My boys were cheering with excitement when they saw their dessert!
The StarMallows marshmallows are the funnest (yes, that’s a word) part of the kabob. Red, white, and blue stars of varying sizes layered in between the patriotic colored fruit makes this kabob burst with color and explode with sweet yumminess!
- Red fruit -- raspberries, strawberries, or watermelon
- White fruits -- bananas or apples
- Kraft Jet-Puffed StarMallows Marshmallows
- Bamboo skewers (Try checking in the seasonal summer section of your superstore or grocer for colored kabobs. This is where I found our fun blue ones!)
- Lightly wet the bamboo skewer before using. This helps the first marshmallow slide on rather than leave a sticky residue.
- Layer the fruit and StarMallows leaving about 1" at each end of the stick.
- To serve, stack 'em up or fan 'em out like a firework.
These 4th of July fruit kabobs are a festive food for your family’s celebration! This would even be a great fine motor activity and way to get you kids active in the kitchen!
Happy 4th and happy eating!