Fresh fruit mixed with crisp flavors like lemon make fabulous summer desserts. These Lemon Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are exploding with flavor and are festively decked out in red, white, and blue to help you celebrate the 4th of July!
Not only are they absolutely scrumptious, but they are super easy to make and can be healthied up as much as you want them to be! (Note: I’ve used a light version for some of the ingredients.) Plus, with all the little wedges cut from the strawberry, you can use them to make another fabulous treat for your family! Keep watching as I will be featuring more 4th of July themed desserts this week and will show you a great place to use these strawberry cutouts!)
In the words of my husband, “I could eat the whole batch of these!” Needless to say, they are a crowd please and their unique look adds fun to any dessert experience!
Lemon Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 8 oz. Light Cream Cheese softened
- Crystal Light Lemonade packet or 1/4 cup lemonade
- 2 Tbsp. Stevia or sugar type of your choice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Light Cool Whip Topping thawed
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Beat cream cheese, drink mix and sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon into pastry bag (I just used a quart Ziploc bag and made a small cut in the bottom corner and used it as a pastry bag).
- Refrigerate while preparing strawberries.
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Remove the stems by cutting slicing the top off the strawberries. This will allow them to sit nicely on a plate. (The bottom of the strawberry now becomes the top and will be referred to this way from here out.)
- Cut the new "top" of the strawberry into an X-shape. To do this, use a knife to cut a narrow, but deep wedge in the top of each strawberry. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
Create the dessert
- Gently squeeze the cheesecake to the corner of the bag.
- Pipe the cheesecake into the center of each strawberry.
- Top strawberries with a blueberry.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
Hope you have a happy & festive fourth of July!