Children absorb so much from play. The activities we are working through during this challenge are developing their fine motor skills, their gross motor skills, vocabulary, pronunciation, and sparking their imaginations! Let’s get CREATIVE today with our kiddos!
- Bake cupcakes together and let your child decorate them.
- Play catch with a football or baseball.
- Sit and play construction trucks with your child. Their imaginations with excavators, bulldozers, and cranes may amaze you!
- Have your child practice picking up small items with a clothespin.
Books: “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” by Bill Martin Jr., “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle
Coloring Page: Letter C coloring page
- Make and decorate crowns! What little girl doesn’t like to play princess?
- Make a caterpillar creation! Lots of cute ideas on my Pinterest “Kid’s Craft” board.
Food Ideas: Cabbage, cake, calamari, calzone, cantaloupe, caramel corn, carrots, cashews, cauliflower, celery, cereal, cheddar cheese, cheese, cheeseburger, cheesecake, Cheetos, cherries, cherry pie, chicken, chickpeas, chili, chimichanga, chips, chives, chocolate, chocolate chips, chop suey, chorizo, cinnamon roll, clam chowder, clementine, coconut, cod, coffee cake, coleslaw, collard greens, cookies, corn, corn chips, corn dog, cotton candy, crab legs, crackers, cranberries, cream cheese, creamed corn, croissant, cucumber, cupcakes, custard
Song: Construction Worker Song
- Hard ‘c’ sound (as in letter ‘k’): cow, caterpillar, cockroach, crab, cranky, crunchy, creature, cat, clown, crocodile, craft, crown, candy corn, car, crack, creak, crane
- Soft ‘c’ sound (like letter ‘s’): circle, centipede, cyclist, cymbals, circus
- CH sound: chicken, chimpanzee, cherries, chocolate, children, chilly, chain, chair, chip, chipmunk
Also, see my Pinterest board on “Letter Activities” for more ideas!
This is the way we pound our nails,
pound our nails, pound our nails,
This is the way we pound our nails, so early in the morning.
This is the way we saw our wood,
Waw our wood, saw our wood.
This is the way we saw our wood, so early in the morning.
This is the way we use a screwdriver,
use a screwdriver, use a screwdriver,
This is the way we use a screwdriver, so early in the morning.
This is the way we drill a hole,
drill a hole, drill a hole,
This is the way we drill a hole, so early in the morning.
- Saw The Wood
- Turn the Screw
- Stack the Bricks
- Paint the walls
- Stir the paint
Construction Worker Song submitted by Debby on www.everythingpreschool.com