‘E’ was an extra challenge for our Alphabet Challenge! It took a bit of creativity to find ‘E’ related items to share. However, kids love adventure and showing us new things that fascinate them. If possible, just go exploring today and see where the day takes you!
- Exercise with your kids. Run in place, jump, jump rope. Or if you take Zumba, teach your kids some moves from your class.
- Play excavators. Make your own pretend construction site, use excavators in playdough playtime, or get digging in the sand box.
- Go exploring. Go on a nature hike or be a “daring adventurer” and go on a scavenger hunt. Find something fun and new to do together today.
- Eat somewhere fun. Find a new place to picnic.
Books: Any of the “Ella” books by Carmela D’Amico and Steven D’amico
Coloring Page: Letter E coloring page
- Make paper plate elephants. Cut elephant ears out of construction paper and glue on to a paper plate. Use a paper towel tube for the nose and tape on. Decorate with markers & crayons.
- Make an elephant mask. (Idea found at www.everythingpreschool.com/alphabet/E/art.htm)
- Cut construction paper in half length wise and staple together to make a band which will fit on kids head.
- Cut paper plates in half and slit it on the top so that it can fit on the sides of the band and staple them to the band to look like ears.
- For the trunk roll a piece of construction paper up (to look like a tube) and tape it, then staple it to the center of the band to look like the trunk coming down.
Food Ideas: Eclair, edamame, eggs, eggnog, eggplant, egg roll, egg salad, elbow macaroni, elderberries, elephant ears, enchiladas, english muffin
Rhyme: Eenie Meenie Miney Mo
- Short ‘E’ sound: egg, elephant, elf, elk, earn, ever, excavator, exit, edge, end, eye
- Long ‘E’ sound: ear, earmuffs, earrings, emu, eager, eagle, even, eel, electricity, Easter, easel, easy
Also, see my Pinterest board on “Letter Activities” for more ideas!
Eenie, meeny, miney, mo
Catch a tiger by the toe,
If he hollers let him go
Eenie, meeinie, miney, mo.