I’m not a football person. So Superbowl Sunday when my parents were snowed in at our house, with the boys curled up next to them on the sofa, all deeply engrossed in the game, I decided to get creative with our little “Superbowl Party” treats. Hence the creation of the Parmesan, Pretzel and Ranch Chicken recipe that left my little crowd of 6 cheering for more.
Speaking of cheering… this recipe was a touchdown of fun for my littlest helper. I double bagged the pretzels and let my 2-year old crush them and work out his energy with jumping, giggling, and more jumping! It was me, however, that was doing a touchdown dance as I watched my this picky little non-meat eater chow these chicken strips down!
I think the only way these chicken strips could be better is if they were wrapped in bacon. Hey, that could be my next recipe!
Anyways, one quick note… while the chicken is fully cooked after 20 minutes at 400-degrees, it will be very blonde due to the ranch dressing and Parmesan cheese. So take the extra few minutes to broil them and “pretty them up” with a nice golden brown crispness.
Parmesan, Pretzel & Ranch Chicken
- 1.25 pound package boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1.5 cups pretzels I love the Butter Braids
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing
- Place pretzels in plastic bag and crush with hands or a rolling pin.
- Add Parmesan cheese and Ranch packet to crushed pretzels
- Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.
- Firmly press chicken into coating to adhere.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Turn oven to broil and bake long enough to brown up coating.
OR... for a sweet and tangy taste, dip chicken into 1/4 cup Honey Mustard before adding coating.