Creating appetizers is not my forte. Don’t get me wrong, I love them. I love the little bite sized, fancied up delicacies served silver platter at parties. I love how creative they can be. But when it comes to making my own, sadly my brain thinks meals not apps.
That being said, we had five couples coming over and I wanted a finger food that would impress. Thankfully, last week, hubby and I attended an event downtown Chicago with Laughing Cow foods. With a smorgasbord of ingredients laid out, it was hands on playtime for foodies and food bloggers.
Since what you create, you eat, I headed for our favorites… red peppers and jalapeños. And within minutes (literally just minutes), I had created a fab app!
So when creating appetizers for our guests, guess what I made? Yup, these delicious little roasted red pepper & jalapeño bites! They were a hit! The creamy cheese cools any little zip from the mild jalapeños. The color and presentation makes an impressive spread. Plus, I learned how to roast a red pepper at home which adds an even more delicious, savory flavor!
You’ve got to try ’em!
- 4 pitas (whole wheat)
- 8 Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedges (I used Garlic & Herb)
- 4 roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup jalapeños
- Cut pitas into 1.5"x1.5" pieces (approximately 36).
- Spread pita with Laughing Cow cheese.
- Add roasted red pepper strips and jalapeños to the top.
- Prep time does not account for roasting red peppers. Roasting peppers at home in the oven takes 40 minutes cook time, plus time to remove skin and cut into strips. Approximately one hour total.