Looking for a snack with a little kick? Then you’ll love these spicy pretzels! They start out a little salty with a sweet ranch undertone, but finish big with a slowly building heat that’ll fire up your taste buds! All I can say is they are awesome… and incredibly addicting!
My mother-in-law is always trying out new recipes and has interesting new snacks when we’re visiting. She was the one who introduced me to spicy pretzels and I seriously wanted to devour the entire huge tub of them. Mmmmm… so good! However, when she shared her recipe with me, I found it called for 3 bags of pretzels (that’s a lot of pretzels) and black pepper (which I’m not a fan of). So, I began experimenting and with some minor tweaks came up with this holy smokin’ spicy goodness!
I have to warn you though… if you want to lose weight, stay away from these! Seriously run the other way! When I say they’re addictive, what I really mean is they are REALLY addictive! But it you want to satisfy everyone at the party… make them! Birthday parties, sleepovers, tailgate parties, game day snacks… EVERYONE loves them! Even the 2-year olds at the World Series party we went to couldn’t get enough. Yah, yah… I sound like I’m doing an infomercial. Well, just try ’em and you’ll understand!
If you’re not a fan of spicy, it’s easy to adjust the heat and the pretzel will still turn out delicious! Just dial back the Cayenne from 1 Tbsp to 1 tsp and go light on the Konriko Jalapeño Seasoning.
I’ll warn you that the Konriko Jalapeño seasoning is one I had never heard of until my MIL’s recipe and she gave me a canister of it. I have not found it around here, but check in the spice aisle of your grocer. Otherwise, order KONRIKO® Jalapeño All Purpose Seasoning on Amazon and it wonderfully shows up on your doorstep in days! (FYI… Konriko’s is a blend of several spices. So the ground Jalapeño seasoning on the store shelf will not be the same!)
- 2 - 15 or 16 oz. bags of Butter Braid pretzels
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 - 12 oz. bottle of Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn Oil
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. Konriko Hot 'n Spicy Jalapeño All Purpose Seasoning
- Combine ranch mix, dill weed, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and jalapeño seasoning. Add oil to mixture.
- Pour oil mixture over pretzels and stir until well covered.
- Spread pretzels over 2 baking sheets.
- (Optional) For extra heat, sprinkle Konriko Jalapeno Seasoning generously over the pretzels.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir every 30 minutes.
- Serving size: About 28 sticks
- Servings: 30
Tell me, friends… are you brave enough to take the heat?! What is your favorite snack?