Warning: this recipe is kinda a big “dill”! Pun intended. What’s not funny though is how healthy and delicious this Spinach and Dill Dip is!
And what’s more is that this dip packs as much punch as Popeye’s muscles! How? Oh, yah, that would be my secret ingredient… Cottage Cheese! I never would’ve thought of using cottage cheese as a base to dip instead of sour cream and/or mayonnaise. However, when I ran across this tip in a magazine, I just had to try it!
My first attempt at making this looked like a leprechaun attacked my recipe and turned my kitchen green. While I will be sharing that fun mishap of a recipe for St. Patty’s Day, it might scare away guests at your dinner party. So I went back to experimenting and found the trick is to puree the cottage cheese before adding in any other ingredients. Doing this creates a nice smooth base to stir all the other deliciousness into. And I have to say I was rather pleased at the resulting dip… and so was my family!
This clean eating, healthy and delicious dip doesn’t just go good with veggies, but adds more veggies to your diet and protein too!
Spinach & Dill Dip
- 1 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup spinach cooked & fine chopped (I use the frozen spinach from the freezer section so it's already pre-cooked & ready to use.)
- 1 Tbsp. Dillweed
- 1 tsp. dehydrated onion
- Puree cottage cheese until smooth and pour into bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for one hour so the dip sets up and to enhance flavor.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did! Happy eating!